911 Love: Xander Schauffele
The American Xander Schauffele is one of the most successful golfers worldwide. At this year’s Porsche European Open, which will be held near Hamburg, he will face Europe’s top pros. In this interview, he declares his love for the Porsche 911.
1. What is love?
“Baby, don’t hurt me.”
2. How are you?
3. How would you describe the Porsche 911 in a nutshell?
4. Which very simple things can make you very happy?
5. What would you never do in a 911?
Eat or drink anything but water.
6. What’s your favorite road?
Californian Highway 74.
7. What can distract you?
8. Three things you would take to a deserted island?
A 911, a full tank, water.
9. Whom or what do you admire?
10. What on a 911 could you do without?
11. And what couldn’t you?
The gas pedal.
12. What music did you wake up to this morning?
“Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen.
13. Your favorite film?
The Batman trilogy.
14. Your favorite book?
The 911 manual.
15. Your latest social media post?
During Masters Week in Augusta.
16. Your most treasured possession?
My golf clubs.
17. Coffee or tea?
18. The 911 moment of your life?
Still to come …
19. Your best advice?
Hands always at ten and two.
20. What would no one expect of you?
That I have four nationalities: U.S., Taiwanese, French, and German.
Residence: San Diego, USA
Porsche: 911 Targa, built in 2003
Boxster 25 years
10.9 – 10.1 l/100 km
247 – 230 g/km
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupé
3.7 – 3.2 l/100 km
85 – 73 g/km
26.5 – 25.4 kWh/100 km
41 – 43 km