A native of the Holstein region of Germany, Julia Görges started playing professional tennis at the age of sixteen and is now one of the world’s best players. She is especially well-known for her serve: in 2018 she led the WTA tour with 492 aces. In early January she won her first title of 2019 at the WTA tournament in Auckland, New Zealand. And she’s set on repeating her 2011 victory at this year’s Porsche Tennis Grand Prix in Stuttgart, which will be held from April 20 to 28.
1. What is love?
A strong feeling, affection.
2. How are you?
Very well, thank you.
3. How would you describe the Porsche 911 in a nutshell?
A brilliant and timeless sports car.
4. Which very simple things can make you very happy?
Riding my bike through the city.
5. What would you never do in a 911?
6. What’s your favorite road?
The Albert Park Circuit, which runs around Albert Park in Melbourne.
7. What can distract you?
Nothing, right now.
8. Three things you would take to a deserted island?
My eBook reader, the music on my iPod, and my running shoes.
9. Whom or what do you admire?
10. What on a 911 could you do without?
11. And what couldn’t you?
12. What music did you wake up to this morning?
“Sweet but Psycho” by Ava Max.
13. Your favorite film?
Taken, starring Liam Neeson.
14. Your favorite book?
The Search by Charlotte Link.
15. Your latest social media post?
Just a few minutes ago.
16. Your most treasured possession?
My Porsche Carrera 911 GTS Cabriolet from winning the tournament in Stuttgart in April 2011.
17. Coffee or tea?
18. The 911 moment of your life?
The first drive in my 911.
19. Your best advice?
Live your dreams.
20. What would no one expect of you?
How much I can sleep.
Residences: Bad Oldesloe and Regensburg
Profession: Tennis player
Porsche: 911 Carrera GTS Cabriolet, built in 2011
Porsche Tennis Grand Prix