Christoph Ingenhoven is regarded as a pioneer in the field of environmental and sustainable architecture. His major international projects include 1 Bligh in Sydney and the Stuttgart 21 project, an extensive redesign of Stuttgart’s main train station. His largest project thus far has been Marina One in Singapore, which covers an area of over four hundred thousand square meters. Completed in 2018, this high-rise complex comprises two office and two residential towers, with public gardens in the center.
1. What is love?
It’s everything that makes life worth living.
2. How are you?
3. How would you describe the Porsche 911 in a nutshell?
Feminine and masculine.
4. Which very simple things can make you very happy?
Running, swimming, eating, and sleeping.
5. What would you never do in a 911?
Look for another car.
6. What’s your favorite road?
I’ll take my cue from John Lennon and Paul McCartney: “The long and winding road that leads to your door …”
7. What can distract you?
My drive for perfection.
8. Three things you would take to a deserted island?
Please grant me one person and three things: the woman I love, pens, paper, and sunscreen.
9. Whom or what do you admire?
10. What on a 911 could you do without?
The wings, the tails, and the add-ons.
11. And what couldn’t you?
The wonderful transition from the rear side window, wing, and rear window.
12. What music did you wake up to this morning?
The sound of silence.
13. Your favorite film?
There are so many but OK: La Dolce Vita by Federico Fellini, Certified Copy by Abbas Kiarostami, and all films by Michael Cimino, Martin Scorsese, and Wim Wenders.
14. Your favorite book?
There are even more of those. Right now I’d say The Leopard by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa and all books by Cormac McCarthy, Raymond Chandler, Ernest Hemingway, Joseph Conrad, Mark Twain, Jack London, Robert Louis Stevenson, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Mercè Rodoreda.
15. Your latest social media post?
Do you do that?
16. Your most treasured possession?
A photo from my childhood that reminds me who I am.
17. Coffee or tea?
18. The 911 moment of your life?
Every sunny morning behind the wheel.
19. Your best advice?
Take the time to become who you are.
20. What would no one expect of you?
To cry in a movie theater.